October 12, 2011

I would make a horrible photojournalist....

I repeat: I would make a horrible photojournalist. It has been over two months since I took my EAA Oshkosh vacation. I am just now in a position to tell you how freaking awesome it was. I can show you, as well. It was overwhelming then. The mortal life that I returned to back here in NH was less than I could have desired. It is less overwhelming now.

I was in, for a year and a half, a fantastic relationship with a smart, funny, amazingly beautiful girl who I honestly could see myself with for a LONG time. By the time I left for my vacation two months ago, it had become obvious that who I was, and, most notably, my strengths as a person and a controller, had become nothing but a list of inadequacies. My decision to end what had become such an unfortunate circumstance took little time to justify in my own mind but the process of re-establishing my own emotional confidence, so that I could sit here at home and tell you a fun and/or interesting story with enthusiasm regarding my work, was much more gradual.

So here I am, back with you all. Life has stabilized. But with regards to what I'd like to share with you, I am a little backlogged.

Over the next few days, I hope to give you some recap of my experience in Wisconsin this past summer. I had a great time, and I have no idea why it took me so long to go......



Till next time....

DM

2 comments:

Wayne Conrad said...

Welcome back, DM.

Dan in ALB said...

I'm glad to see another post! I look forward to hearing more. I too have always wanted to go to Oshkosh but have never gone. Even more ironic, I lived in Wisconsin from ages 3 to 10. Ah, to go back in time ...