September 7, 2009

The sun rises....


1100 days ago (yes, that would be three years), I was freshly certified on my first two positions in my area, HNK/DNY D-side. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. It still amazes me today. That is one of the reasons I write this blog. The things air traffic controllers do everyday is nothing short of amazing, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

However wronged I feel, despite the anvil we've had tied around our ankles, and for all the political bantering of the last three years, I still get to go to work, today included, and talk to airplanes. I love my job, if not for the opportunity to see and do things differently and better, everyday.

And I just sealed a green envelope filled with a ballot with an big X on it. 1100 days later my employer finally has showed me enough respect to adopt a contract we can ALL agree to. As the sun rises today, I reach for my sunglasses....

The future is looking bright.

Till next time....

DM

2 comments:

Dan in ALB said...

That's a great attitude. I hope that you can maintain it. I am envious in some ways. 20 years ago, I got a call to head to Oklahoma City for training as an ATC. I turned it down. I've spent the last 20 years working in engineering, and while I am happy with my work, I still have a little piece of me that wishes I had taken a different course ...

Anonymous said...

Nice to see an update. I was worried that unlike good phraseology, your blogging had taken a day off.

EZ